It has been a long argued topic of how to create the perfect ‘Bloody Mary’. There are many different preparations to suit people’s individual tastes and this one has been prepared by Italian barman, Nicola. Quarter Bar and Lounge has created what they deem a “rouge masterpiece in a tall glass”, that will have any customer leaving with a new favourite!
Method and ingredients
- Frost glass with a salt and crumble mix
- In the bottom of the mixer:
- Slice three cherry tomatoes
- Add a handful of fresh basil
- Give ‘a jolly good shake of salt and pepper’
- Pour in a generous splash of tobasco and Worcester Sauce and a tablespoon of lemon juice
- ”Muddle” extremely gently
- Pour in 50ml of premium Vodka
- Top with ice
- Add 100ml of a Premium high end tomato juice
- Shake GENTLY
- Pour with ice into a tall glass (do not strain)
- Garnish with more basil tomatoes and pepper
- Finish with two drinking straws into the glass and enjoy immediately!
The staff at Quarter Bar and Lounge believe they have created the perfect ‘Bloody Mary’ – and their secret weapon? The freshest of ingredients bought at nearby Borough Market on a daily basis.